Friday, September 24, 2010

Why Wright State

Wright State has been the only choice for me because I wanted to. I planned on coming here to be the manager for the woman's basketball team, but when Coach Williams got let go, so did my plans. I had no intentions at that point to be the manager. I have known Coach Williams for a very long time and when she asked me three years ago to be her manager I never thought this would happen. I was an average student in High School so this was the best college for me with my GPA. OSU was my dream college because of the football team and because they had a great program for my major. OSU went up in smoke when I knew I would not get in because of my ACT scores, GPA, and money. I am from Beavercreek but that doesn't mean I have money for a school like that which really crushed me. My mind has been changed since I started school here. My heart is still set for the Buckeyes but I'm glad I stayed close to home. I do not mind living at home, my family understands that I need quiet time and they respect that. I get away by being in school that is all I need because I would not be here today without the love and support of my family. WSU has an excellent nursing program that I am overly excited to begin. WSU is close to home, close to my friends, inexpensive compared to a school I would love to go to, has great amenities, I could get away and live on campus but still be right in my hometown (Fairborn), and my friends are here. I love having friends here and making new ones. WSU is the college I am happy to say I attend even if my heart goes bleed scarlet and grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment